i was recently in paris and went to one of my favorite spots, shakespeare and co. bookstore...it is located in central paris, at kilometer zero. they now have a little cafe next door that serves yummy treats and this was their placemat...the proust questionnaire is an old party favorite, used for years to get folks talking...and thinking...
1. what is your present state of mind?
2. what is your favorite way to spend your time?
3. if you were an animal, which one would you be?
4. what book makes you want to live in a different era?
5. what’s the craziest thing you’ve ever eaten?
6. what is your favorite journey?
7. who is your hero in real life? who is your hero in fiction?
8. which words or phrases do you most overuse?
9. what is your idea of perfect happiness?
10. if you could spend the rest of your life with a character from a book, who would it be?
11. what is your theme song?
12. who are you three favorite writers?
13. where in the world would you most like to live?
14. on what occasion do you lie?
15. if you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
16. which poem makes your spine tingle?
17. what is your favorite smell?
18. if you could ask the leader of your country to read one book, what would it be?
19. what’s your favorite hiding place?
20. what do you consider your greatest achievement?
21. which book do you have on your nightstand but know you’ll never read?
22. if you could have any superpower, what would you choose?
23. what was your favorite book as a child?
24. do you have a recurring dream? if so, what is it?
25. what to you is the most beautiful word or words?
26. what’s the worst book you’ve ever read?
27. who would play you in the movie of your life?
28. what’s your motto?
29. what’s the most romantic experience you’ve ever had?
30. how would you like to die and in what form would you chose to come back?
words by rinne allen